Following your Surgery:
- After surgery, you will be provided with discharge instructions that include what you can eat and drink, activity restrictions, medication instructions, and post-operative care. Of course, if you have any questions regarding your post-operative recovery, you are encouraged to contact your surgeon. You will also receive a discharge summary that includes all medications you were given while under our care.
- For 24 hours after your surgery, adhere to the following:
- Have a family member or friend drive you home and stay with you.
- Do not drive, sign important documents, or make critical decisions.
- Do not operate machinery, power tools or appliances.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- You can expect a follow up phone call from one of our nurse’s as well to ensure your safety and understanding of you post-operative care.