Prior to your surgery:
- You will receive a call from our Pre-Op Call nurse to review obtain information regarding your medical history. Your medications if any, will also be reviewed and you will be given specific instructions regarding them.
- You will be notified of your arrival time as well as fasting instructions in preparation for your procedure. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. The only exception is if you are directed to eat or drink by your surgeon or the pre-op call nurse. Food in your stomach can cause serious complications during surgery. Consequently, eating or drinking could cause your surgery to be canceled or postponed.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco 24 hours prior to your surgery.
- Remove nail polish and body piercings before your surgery.
- Leave jewelry and large sums of money at home.
- Notify your Doctor or Healthcare Professional if you develop a cold, fever, respiratory infection or other illness or change in your medical condition prior to surgery.